IRA Specialist, AML Advisory
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1871950/001
Date posted 08 November 2022kuala-lumpur banking-financial-services/compliance 2022-11-08 2023-01-07 financial-services Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting IRA Specialist, AML Advisory job has just become available in a renowned bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the financial services industry.
About the IRA Specialist, AML Advisory job:
In this business critical role, you will need to perform the compliance functions on anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism (AML/CFT).
- Act as a subject-matter expert (SME) in conducting Institutional Risk Assessment (IRA) for the bank and its subsidiaries
- Lead the annual Institutional Risk Assessment (IRA) for the bank and its subsidiaries
- Review and enhance the IRA template, scope and coverage in accordance to current risks and findings
- Acts as a point of reference for branches and business units on AML/CFT matters i.e. customer screenings, HRC and ECDD queries, blacklist status, and other AML/CFT related matters
- Review and assess HRC application submitted by BU (commercial/corporate/SME banking) and bank
- Review and provide clearance and recommendations on customer screening (LexisNexis/WorldCheck) received from branches and business units
- Review watchlist alert screening and provide info on UBO unwrapping request from BUs
- Assist business units and the bank in conducting bulk screening on customers, recipient of zakat, vendors, etc., as well as to provide recommendations based on the results
- Update blacklist database receive from various sources (i.e. TMU, LEA, AML Group, IGD, LEeF-ReD, etc.)
- Review manual, guideline, forms and MRCC papers from business units on AML/CFT risks
- Review and assess the AML/CFT mechanism to ensure its adequacy and effectiveness in tandem with the changes in regulations and standards
- Facilitate the identification of money laundering and terrorist financing risks associated to new products and services, or operational changes
- Disseminate pertinent documents and information in relation to AML/CFT to the relevant units and staff
- Provide AML/CFT ops training to business units as and when required to ensure all relevant units and staff are aware of the AML/CFT requirements and measures
To succeed in the IRA Specialist, AML Advisory job, you will need to assist in preparing reports to BNM: PUA Screening, Annual Summary Report on Exposure to Customers and Beneficial Owners from High Risk Countries, Beneficial Ownership Template (BOT) and Regulatory Self-Assessment (RSA) of BNM’s AML/CFT and TFS Policy Document.
- Bachelor's degree preferably in finance, accounting, business administration or other business related field
- Minimum of five years' experience in regulatory, compliance, risk management/operational risks/risk analytics within a financial services institution is preferred
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of AML/CFT and FCC regulations and policies in Malaysia and international markets with certifications in anti-money laundering and counter financing of terrorism being highly desirable
This organisation is an exciting addition to the financial services industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this IRA Specialist, AML Advisory job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 29 November 2022An attractive Senior Marketing Executive job at one of the most prestigious financial institutions in Kuala Lumpur has just become available.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 14 November 2022An attractive Marketing Manager, Digital Sales job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR1 - MYR12,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 10 November 2022An attractive Capital Reporting job with managerial opportunities has become available at a well-known bank based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 November 2022An attractive Manager, Innovation Programme job has become available at a prestigious financial institution in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 08 November 2022A reputable entity is seeking a highly qualified Manager, Compliance. This is a job for a driven professional who is looking to make lasting impact to the organisation.