Section Head, Compliance Review
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant PuiYi Sum
Date posted 15 November 20192019-11-15 2020-01-14 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Section Head, Compliance Review job opportunity has just arisen at a reputable local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in your career.
About the Section Head, Compliance Review Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for providing assurance to the Board and Senior Management on the Bank’s level of compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Develops, initiates and maintains the annual compliance review plan by taking into consideration the following:
- 212 business/functional areas across the bank
- Forward-looking, current or emerging risk relating to regulations across all sectors
- Annual risk rating results derived from the Compliance Risk Assessment Model (CRAM) and the Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessment Model (AMLRAM)
- New regulations that have been issued or updated by the regulators and fully implemented by the Bank within the past year
- Past incidence / non-compliance
- Collaborates with business/functional areas to appropriately evaluate and investigate compliance issues/concerns identified during the review
- Conducts exit meetings with management to articulate any compliance issues/concerns
- Works closely with BRCOs and the business/functional areas to develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of compliance issues/concerns
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and Management informed of compliance issues/concerns
- Cultivates a team of Compliance Specialists that possess knowledge and skill in the business/functional areas within the bank
To succeed in this Section Head, Compliance Review role, you should possess strong leadership skills with the experience of managing a strong team as well as effective stakeholder management.
- Minimum of eight years of relevant working experience, with an understanding of the compliance function in the banking industry
- Experience in Audit is an added advantage
- Keen understanding of how current trends in laws and regulations impact the compliance framework and standards
- Good writing skills with the ability to customise best practices to suit the Group’s compliance strategies
- Able to work efficiently and effectively to meet tight deadlines
This is a growing local bank in Asia Pacific with a dynamic working culture. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Section Head, Compliance Review job.
Apply now or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C