Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Yilin Tham
Date posted 25 October 20192019-10-25 2019-12-24 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 96000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring job opportunity has just arisen at a reputable regional bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in your career.
About the Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for leading a group of anti-money laundering analysts to meet obligations in terms of local laws, regulations and group policies and standards for the prevention of money laundering activities within the group.
- Provide proactive support to the transaction monitoring unit and assist senior management in ensuring that the group operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all group standards of conduct, so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the financial institution with its regulators and avoid significant financial losses
- Ensure that the transactions are monitored with a risk-based approach and the review is acceptable to internal/external auditors and regulators
- Undertake quality assurance role of transaction monitoring to identify suspicious activities and initiate and review suspicious cases originating from staff within the unit and any systems exception reports
- As and where necessary, undertake investigations to ensure that the case is sufficiently developed for reporting to the senior management, if required
To succeed in the Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix.
- Bachelor's degree in law/banking/finance or equivalent from a reputable university with at least three to five years of experience in anti-money laundering laws or financial crime compliance
- Knowledge of anti-money laundering laws and regulations is a must
- Strong command of English, both spoken and written skills, with good interpersonal relationship skills
- High analytical and problem-solving abilities along with high attention to detail
- This role is only open to Malaysian residents or Malaysian permanent residence holders
This regional bank needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Team Lead, Transaction Monitoring role.
Apply today or email me at Yilin.Tham@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C