Senior Specialist, Group Compliance (Transaction Banking & FIG)
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant PuiYi Sum
Date posted 02 October 20192019-10-02 2019-12-01 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 84000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Specialist, Group Compliance (Transaction Banking & FIG) job opportunity has just arisen at a reputable local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in their career.
About the Senior Specialist, Group Compliance (Transaction Banking & FIG) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be tasked to develop and implement compliance activities to facilitate transactional banking (TB) and financial institutional group (FIG) to comply with all applicable local laws, rules, regulations and guidelines including internal policies and procedures relating to key compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with TB and FIG to ensure that all regulatory requirements/policies introduced by the bank/Bursa/securities commission are implemented by TB and FIG subject to relevant customisation to suit business and operational requirements
- Assist in compliance monitoring, review and validation to ascertain the level of compliance at TB and FIG and perform risk-based approach to mitigate threats of non-compliance
- Inculcate and institutionalise compliance and regulatory risk awareness culture and practices at all levels in the organisation through activities such as training and awareness programmes
- Provide advisory from compliance perspective for new products, services, processes and projects sign off to ensure they meet the regulatory expectations
- Facilitate the management of audit issues for TB and FIG and work with the key heads to resolve the audit shortcomings pertaining to compliance matters
- Prepare and provide updates compliance health checks or any audit shortcomings to management of TB and FIG based on a monthly basis
To succeed in this role, you will need to be knowledgeable in the rules and regulations issued by regulators , i.e., BNM, Securities Commission, Bursa as well as have the ability to draft, advise and implement compliance policies and procedures.
- Possess a recognised degree in the related field of accounting/banking/finance, etc.
- At least six years of banking experience; with strong knowledge of securities services, operations, finance or trade finance
- Experience carrying out independent compliance reviews
- Ability to conduct specific compliance training to business units
- Ability to prepare board level reports and presentations
This locally-established regional financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate culture, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Specialist, Group Compliance (Transaction Banking & FIG) role.
Apply now or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C