AVP, AML Transaction Monitoring
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Yilin Tham
Date posted 03 June 20192019-06-03 2019-08-02 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting AVP, AML Transaction Monitoring position has just arisen at a local reputable bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About the AML Transaction Monitoring Lead Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to lead the group of anti-money laundering analyst to meet obligations in terms of local laws, regulations and Group policies and standards for the prevention of money laundering activities within the Group.
- Provide pro-active support to the transaction monitoring unit and to assist senior management in ensuring that the Group operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group standards of conduct, so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the financial institution with its regulators and avoid significant financial losses
- Ensure that the transactions are monitored with a risk-based approach and the review is acceptable to Internal/External Auditors and Regulators
- Undertake quality assurance role of transaction monitoring to identify suspicious activities and initiating and reviewing suspicious cases originating from staff within the unit and any systems exception reports
- As and where necessary, undertake investigations to ensure that the case is sufficiently developed for reporting to the senior management, if required
To succeed in the AML Transaction Monitoring Lead role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix. Other key requirements include, but not limited to, the following.
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Law/Banking/Finance or equivalent from a reputable university with at least 3 to 5 years of experience in anti-money laundering laws or financial crime compliance
- Knowledge in anti-money laundering laws and regulations is a must
- Possess strong command of English, both oral and written skills, with good interpersonal relationship skills
- Possess high analytical and problem-solving abilities along with high attention to detail
- This role is only open to Malaysian Residents or Malaysian Permanent Residence holders
This top local financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate responsibilities, they have won many awards. The culture is dynamic and demanding with new management already in-place but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AML Transaction Monitoring Lead role.
Apply today or email me at Yilin.Tham@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C