AVP, Financial Crime Compliance Support
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 31 May 20192019-05-31 2019-07-30 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting AVP, Financial Crime Compliance Support position has just arisen at a local reputable bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About this AVP, Financial Crime Compliance Support role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible to provide pro-active support to the transaction monitoring unit and to assist senior management to meet obligations in terms of local laws, regulations and Group Policies and Standards for the prevention of money laundering activities within the Group. Other key responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following.
- Provide pro-active support to the transaction monitoring unit and to assist senior management in ensuring that the Group operates in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements and all Group standards of conduct, so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the financial institution with its regulators and avoid significant financial losses
- Ensure that the transactions are monitored with a risk-based approach and the review is acceptable to Internal / External Auditors and Regulators
- Undertake quality assurance role of transaction monitoring to identify suspicious activities and initiating and reviewing suspicious cases originating from staff within the unit and any systems exception reports
- As and where necessary, undertake investigations to ensure that the case is sufficiently developed for reporting to the senior management, if required
To succeed in the AVP, Financial Crime Compliance Support role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix. Other key requirements include, but not limited to, the following.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree from a reputable university in Law / Banking / Finance or equivalent with at least five years of experience in Anti-Money Laundering Laws or Financial Crime Compliance
- Knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering Laws and Regulations is a must
- Possess strong command of English, both oral and written skills, with good interpersonal relationship skills
- Possess high analytical and problem-solving abilities along with high attention to details
- This role is only open to Malaysian Residence or Malaysian Permanent Residence holders
This top local financial institution needs no introduction and is well-known and recognised as the leader in its field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate responsibilities, they have won many awards. The culture is dynamic and demanding with new management already in-placed but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AVP, Financial Crime Compliance Support role.
Apply today at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C