Manager, Operational Risk Management
Salary Market aligned
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 31 May 20192019-05-31 2019-07-30 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Manager, Operational Risk Management position has just arisen at an foreign asset management firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About this Manager, Operational Risk Management role:
In this business-critical role, you will be working from Malaysia to ensure delivery of the operational Risk and control framework maintenance / adaptation and evolution including but not limited to control plan, incidents and procedures management of new activity / exceptional transaction committee process, Risk Control Self-Assessment, anti fraud programme, Key Surveillance Points, Permanent control reporting as well as follow up of Internal audit recommendations.
- Work closely with the business to assess the inherent risks with each business unit and assess the adequacy of the existing controls. Where necessary make recommendations to mitigate the risks to a tolerable level
- Roll out of global Operational Risk and control initiative. Help the business to implement these initiatives on a timely basis
- Monitor the long-term action plan using the company tool
- Involved in the Regulatory inspection as Operational risk and control representative
- Keep track of Inspection/ review findings and recommendations including ensuring the owners have plans to meet the closure requirement and deadline timely
- As ambassador of Operational risk management, encourage local business heads / CEO the use of Operational risk and control output as a tool kit for senior management decision making process
- Provide training to local business stakeholders on Operational risk policies and roll out to develop and improve areas of weakness
To succeed in this Manager, Operational Risk Management role, you will need to have the knowledge of banking regulatory guidelines and deep understanding of industry trends and products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law / Accounting or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum five years of compliance / operational risk experience, preferably with an international asset management company
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Maintaining good relationship with local regulator and external auditor where appropriate
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Operational Risk Management role.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C