Head, Global Markets Compliance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant YewWeng Low
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
An exciting Head, Global Markets Compliance role has just become available with a leading financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Head, Global Markets Compliance Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible to ensure that all regulatory and AML/CFT requirements/policies introduced by the bank and/or regulators are implemented by the global markets and treasury departments, subject to relevant customisation to suit business/operational requirements.
- Develop, recommend, implement and enhance compliance monitoring for all regulatory compliance risks
- Perform compliance testing/reviews on periodic basis to ascertain the level of compliance within the department while also develop and implement compliance programme
- Assist and update HOD to be the focal point for BNM or local regulators' to gather information prior to and during examination exercise
- Lead, develop and implement ongoing initiatives within department with regard to moral and ethical issues through ongoing communication and training
- Implement initiatives to ensure regular and ad hoc reporting on regulatory compliance to the HOD are done in an accurate, complete and timely manner
To succeed in this Head, Global Markets Compliance role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix to understand cross-functional linkages and interdependence, as well as the implication of risk at both a strategic level and at the business unit level.
- Possess degree or professional qualification from a recognised university with a minimum 10 years' working experience within Global Markets and Treasury
- Significant experience gained in banking industry, preferably in compliance, risk management, legal, operations, etc within the Global Markets and Treasury
- Strong analytical and implementation skills, demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and drive change across a complex organisation and also multiple stakeholders
- Ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations
- Strong presentation and communication skills to enhance compliance culture at respective business with good understand of industry compliance leading trends and issues
This renowned bank requires no introduction and is well-recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have the can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head, Global Markets Compliance role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C