Manager, Treasury Surveillance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 18 April 20192019-04-18 2019-06-17 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters
An exciting Manager, Treasury Surveillance job has just arisen at a foreign bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to step up in his or her career.
About the Manager, Treasury Surveillance Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be strategising, planning, developing and implementing the surveillance and investigation into fraudulent conducts especially in market practices throughout the Treasury and Global Markets business. This role also involves formulation of investigation framework and methodology that covers the multi-regulatory environment.
- Lead and manage the preparation of the annual compliance planning outlining surveillance activities while also to direct and manage the scope and resources for the planning activities
- Undertake the review process of business units, subsidiaries and regional units during the compliance review and ensure the adoption of best practices in the meeting regulatory expectations and requirements
- Identify and assess vulnerable areas in the business operations based on internally-developed indicators by classifying each unit according to levels of risk, vulnerability and probability of occurrence of compliance breaches particularly those which have high impact and damaging to the business
- Implement compliance assessment on periodic basis to ensure that problematic areas receive the proper attention while also formulating and identifying measures to ensure that they remain relevant to the nature, complexity and risk profile of the business
- To be well-versed with front-line operational procedures, rules and regulations so as to assist business units in solving problems relating to compliance issues; to identify gaps in the internal policies and procedures as to ensure processes are conducted in conformity to laws and regulation
To succeed in this Manager, Treasury Surveillance role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels.
- At least minimum eight years' experience in related fields with regular dealings with senior management, board members and regulators; relevant experience in capital markets
- Bachelor's degree in Risk Management/Accounting/Finance; advanced post-graduate qualification or professional qualification is an added advantage
- Knowledge in capital market services and products and the operations of an Authorised Depository Agent would be an added advantage
- Possess the ability to think outside the box and cut through issues in fraud detection and market manipulation
- Familiar and kept abreast of changes to prevailing rules and regulations within the Capital Markets segment
This leading foreign bank needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in its field of expertise.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Treasury Surveillance role.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C