Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 17 April 20192019-04-17 2019-06-16 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 120000 180000 180000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive Compliance Manager job has just arisen at a insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Compliance Manager:
As a Compliance Manager, you will need to drive process improvement and application of Compliance’s policies, program and procedures to support the business units (both Malaysia & Singapore) and setting common priorities and standards for the region businesses in accordance to the local regulations. This role is an individual contributor, reporting to the Regional Compliance Manager based in HK.
- Identify and evaluate the non-compliance risks and develop control systems to prevent or deal with non-compliance of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Provide compliance advisory to the local management on new products and/or distribution channels, business ethics, financial security issues e.g. money laundering, terrorism, corruption, frauds.
- Provide training on legal, regulatory, policy requirements and awareness of new risks
- Ensure Level one & two controls are carried out and continuously evaluate and improve the efficiency of controls
- Follow up on the effective implementation of audit recommendations within the established timeframe
- Prepare reports for local management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate and contribute to draft reports to regulatory authorities, where required
- Minimum eight years' experience in compliance/legal/audit in Financial services industry with strong and proven performance record; knowledge of insurance (credit insurance) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving, project management and presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of compliance (AML/KYC/Sanctions, personal data, fraud), process and program design and implementation and carrying out investigations on regulatory issues
- Ability to travel within the Asia Pacific Region
This insurance firm has got the people and ethos to act with speed, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Compliance Manager job.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C