VP, Compliance (Retail Banking)
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant YewWeng Low
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-04-29 banking Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY 50470 MYR 180000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting VP, Compliance job has just become available at a regionally established financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur.
About this VP, Compliance (Retail Banking) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible to ensure the effectiveness of the Group’s management of compliance and regulatory risk issues through the establishment and maintenance of appropriate and effective frameworks and procedures. You will ensure compliance and regulatory risks are anticipated, identified, escalated and reported to stakeholders, mitigated and managed to avoid any financial and reputational loss.
- Supervise the implementation of Group Compliance policies and procedures in relation to Regional Consumer business
- Support the stakeholders in establishing appropriate monitoring mechanism for meeting regulatory obligations in the conduct of their businesses and in accordance with Group Compliance policies and procedures
- Advise stakeholders on compliance and regulatory issues as required
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate and effective risk-based monitoring
- Provide advisory regarding compliance related matters to facilitate the relevant Business/ Support Units/Entities in complying with the relevant laws, regulations and guidelines
- Develop and facilitate the implementation of a compliance programme with regard to the introduction of any new regulatory requirement, as and when required, to comply with the regulations accordingly
To succeed in this VP, Compliance (Retail Banking) role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels and across borders.
- At least ten years’ experience in Banking/relevant field and four years of prior leadership position in a banking role in financial institutions
- In depth knowledge of banking products and services, including the related/applicable rules and regulations.
- Provide sound advice on regulations and practice and the proactive management of compliance and regulatory risks.
- Possess presentation skills in guiding and assisting business teams, whenever necessary
- Identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations
- Strong analytical and implementation skills, demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and drive change across a complex organisation and multiple stakeholders
The successful candidate will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers great career progression opportunities. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting VP, Compliance (Retail Banking) role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C