Head of Compliance (Foreign Bank)
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant YewWeng Low
Date posted 29 January 2019 2019-01-292019-03-30 banking Kuala Lumpur Jalan Ampang MY 50250 MYR 240000 420000 420000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An exciting Head of Compliance (Foreign Bank) job has just become available with a regionally established foreign financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur.
About this Head of Compliance (Foreign Bank) Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be tasked to strategise, lead and advise the bank with regards to operational matters to ensure compliance with rules and regulations of respective authorities/jurisdictions, internal policies and Bank Negara's (BNM) guidelines.
- Ensure the bank’s business and operational activities are in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations (which includes Anti-Money Laundering / Terrorism Financing of Terrorism and other non-AML/CFT related regulatory requirements) of both host and home regulators
- Develop, implement and maintain the bank’s Compliance Framework and its related policies and procedures for monitoring and management of compliance risks
- Review and monitor internal controls set by the respective business and operational units are adequate, and in compliance with the home and host regulatory requirements and Head Office’s policies / guidelines / instructions
- Manage and follow-up till conclusion all audit findings via the Examination Report and Improvement Plan Report – regulators, internal, external and Parent Bank’s audit reports
- Lead and provide guidance to Compliance personnel for their continuous professional development
To succeed in this Head of Compliance (Foreign Bank) role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels and across borders.
- Relevant degree or equivalent from a recognised university, with at least 10 years' relevant working experience in the banking industry or preferably in compliance, risk management, legal, audit, operations, etc.
- Professional Certification in Compliance or AML/CFT would be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and implementation skills, demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and drive change across a complex organisation and multiple stakeholders
- Ability to obtain confidence of management and volunteers and exercise good judgement in handling sensitive information
- Possess effective leadership, good communication and strategic planning skills to facilitate team work
- Ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and to identify key or underlying issues in complex situations
This regionally established foreign financial institution over 50 years of history in Malaysia and has existing commercial/corporate clients that has been with them ever since. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards while also putting strong emphasis on staff welfare.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Compliance role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C