Head of Compliance
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 10 December 2018 2018-12-102019-02-08 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Head of Compliance job has just arisen at a local bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Head of Compliance Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the business manage its risks and compliance obligations. This includes facilitating the identification of risks and compliance obligations as well as providing a monitoring and reporting framework to ensure that risks and compliance are being monitored and measured.
- Advise the respective Board and Senior Management on compliance laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed on developments in these areas
- Formulate and implementing compliance oversight tools and procedures; monitor compliance and change with local and foreign regulatory requirements
- Propose/recommend initiatives to re-engineer existing internal processes to comply with new regulatory requirements
- Produce compliance reports for Management and for Board Reporting; this includes report audit/quality review findings/issues for resolution
- Act as the Bank’s liaison with BNM and other relevant external regulators including carrying out specific statutory responsibilities
To succeed in the Head of Compliance role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders at various levels.
- Possess at least eight to ten years’ relevant experience in banking industry with regulatory compliance and AML/CFT experience
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in Business/Finance/Law; certification in a professional association in AML or related field will be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal skills, with strong ability to quickly grasp the changing regulatory requirements and ensure that these changes are implemented in the bank
If you are a talented and driven professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Head of Compliance position is the role for you.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125