Monitoring & Testing Manager
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 02 November 2018 2018-11-022018-12-28 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Monitoring & Testing Manager role has just arisen with a globally established financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Country Head of Monitoring & Testing within the Country Compliance function, this is a role for internal auditors to consider a career switch over to Compliance and also for existing compliance professionals a regional and global platform to broaden their career horizon.
About the Monitoring & Testing Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be tasked to assist the Head in developing and executing the testing activities of the Malaysian Regulatory Compliance Monitoring & Testing (RCMT) function. You will also be responsible to ensure local monitoring activities are in accordance with the Bank's Global Standards and conducted as a second line of defence.
- Ensure RCMT activities provide adequate coverage of the Group's key regulatory risks, liaising with Global Compliance teams and to ensure RCMT activities remain independent
- Foster close working relationship with key stakeholders in the country & region while contributing to the preparation of Compliance Risk Assessments, drawing on experience and knowledge of the Regulatory Compliance Business Compliance team with the active participation of senior Business Units stakeholders
- Prepare reports to inform key stakeholders of the outcome of monitoring and review work, including rating findings and assigning owners/actions while also actively engage in discussion with local stakeholders and identify if any changes is required to the RCMT Annual Test Plan
- Assist with liaison with Group Audit, Operational Risk Internal Control and Business Risk Control Managers in relation to Compliance Monitoring matters while also to monitor changes to Global Standards and process to ensure that the RCMT activities are adjusted appropriately
To succeed in this Monitoring & Testing Manager role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders too.
- Minimum of five years proven relevant business, audit experience or equivalent
- Strong risk assessment, control and testing skills and preferably audit related experience
- Audit related certification preferred (such as CPA, CIA, or similar)
- Relevant experience of a range of business activities, product lines and regulatory topics
- Proven organisational, planning, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, decision-making, and team work skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities effectively and proven ability to meet challenging deadlines
- Ability to exercise discretion, work independently within broad guidelines, tactfully handle sensitive and confidential data and complete assignments on timely basis
- Ability to work with and also to lead different cultural groups and build consensus
This globally established financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporate environment, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Monitoring & Testing Manager role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125