Money Laundering Reporting Officer
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 August 2018 2018-08-172018-10-13 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Money Laundering Reporting Officer role has just become available with a globally established financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Crime Threat Mitigation, this is a role where an experienced AML candidate who is looking for new challenge in a new environment with a step up to managing a team.
About the Money Laundering Reporting Officer Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for overseeing the effective implementation and sustainable execution within the Country Anti-Money Laundering (AML) investigations (AMLi) objectives and guidance while also to oversee the AML cases, within the country.
- Establish a framework within the Country to retrieve and analyse relevant information, i.e. Customer Due Diligence (CDD) records, transaction records, Relationship Manager correspondence files, email, External media reports, government reports
- Maintain a robust Country feedback loop between AMLi and relevant stakeholders and ensuring effective two way communication between Country and Region and manage the identification, documentation and submission of dispensations, where required, from relevant Group policy and procedures to comply with local regulation pertaining to the identification and reporting of AML suspicions
- Cue and manage appropriate internal stakeholders and brief internally and externally, including regulatory bodies and law enforcement while also to generate accurate and timely risk and operational metrics for the programme to inform the senior management AMLi current and emerging risks
- Engage with local/regional FCC assurance to agree monitoring and review of AML investigation work to provide independent comfort that cases are investigated competently, proportionately and promptly
- Ensure consistent use of the case management system to enforce consistent case opening, workflow, case closure and documentation processes. Provide advisory and leadership steer to the local AMLi Team
To succeed in this role as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer, you must be able to work efficiently and co-operatively with stakeholders of various business levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Seasoned professional with direct involvement in an AML role, particularly in Investigation with a recognised degree within related field and at least 10 years of relevant working experience in the AML Investigations function within the financial services industry
- Advance investigative skills from law enforcement, regulatory, forensic accountancy or legal disputes experience
- External knowledge of proceeds of crime legislation, associated AML regulation and guidance and SAR filling processes of the Country, preferably
- Numerate, evidence based analytical skills founded on an empirical base with excellent communicator with strong inter-personal, presentation and influencing skill
This globally established financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in this region. With great clients and known for their corporate practices, they have won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you have a successful track record in the Financial Crime Risk & Compliance field and enjoy working in a competitive environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Money Laundering Reporting Officer role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125