AMLA, Section Head
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 10 August 2018 2018-08-102018-10-05 banking Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting AMLA, Section Head role has just become available with one of the top 3 largest financial institution in the world to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Assistant Chief Legal & Compliance Officer, this is a role for a mid-level experienced AMLA professional who is keen for a step up to section head for the financial institution.
About the AMLA, Section Head Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible to promote compliance with the AML/CFT laws and regulations and Group’s requirements within the Bank. You will also be tasked to act as the reference point for AML/CFT matters within the Bank.
- Take lead in AML/CFT management, which includes conducting risk profiling and assessment, formulating the Bank’s AML/CFT policies and relevant controls and procedures, performing AML/CFT risk monitoring and risk reporting
- Establish internal criteria/risk triggers: Red Flags for the Bank’s departments and branches to detect suspicious transaction reports and provided guidance to the respective employee at the branch and department in ensuring a secured channel of communication and confidentiality of information
- Maintenance & administration, assume duties in AML/CFT related systems while also undertaking secretariat works for AMLA Committee
- Evaluate internal generated suspicious transaction reports prior submission to BNM and organise AML/CFT training and awareness programmes for internal staffs
- Identification of money laundering and financing of terrorism risks associated with new products or services or arising from operational changes
- Handling enquiries from law enforcement agencies pertaining to investigation, reporting to Group – internal control & compliance department with regards to AML/CFT related matters and to Senior Management Committee, AMLA Committee, Board Committee and/or Board of Directors
- Provision of assistance to the other areas of duties for Legal & Compliance department and to perform any other duties as may be assigned by senior management as and when required
To succeed in this AMLA, Section Head role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix.
- Possess at least Bachelor’s Degree and professional qualification in AML/CFT or related discipline with at least 8 years' relevant experience in AML/CFT compliance management with at least 3 years in leading or managing AML/CFT team
- Possess relevant knowledge of AML/CFT laws and regulations with proficiency in Mandarin (reading & written) would be an added advantage
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with sound analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a team with pro-active and self-motivated personality while also being able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft application such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Through its continuous endeavours and stable development, the Bank has developed into the top listed banking institution in the world, possessing an excellent customer base, a diversified business structure, strong innovation capabilities and market competitiveness. The Bank has its presence in six continents, and its overseas network has expanded to 41 countries and regions.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Regulatory Compliance, Section Head role.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125