Manager, Regulatory Compliance
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 26 June 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An attractive Manager, Regulatory Compliance position has just arisen at a leading foreign bank based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an experienced professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her compliance career.
About the Manager, Regulatory Compliance Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the compliance function in ensuring the Group is in compliant with all applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines issued by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) and Group requirements.
• Provide proactive and reactive business oriented compliance advice to the organisation to enable the business to be commercially successful whilst legally and statutorily sound
• Perform all compliance reporting obligations to BNM, Regional office, Group and relevant bodies in a timely, appropriate and effective manner
• Investigate on compliance-related matters and prepare necessary documents and advisory information ensuring quality compliance service is provided to the business
• Participate in the firm's initiatives and projects and provide compliance advisory services
• Assist to oversee the performance of compliance review work in the Annual Compliance Plan for timely and satisfactory completion
• Assist the Head of function to manage, motivate and develop a team of individuals to ensure they have the capability to deliver the objectives set for the function
• Implement and effectively execute policy programmes rolled up by BNM and the Group whilst also liaise with relevant regulators on specific issues
To succeed in this Manager, Regulatory Compliance role, you will need to have minimum six years’ compliance experience in the banking industry.
• Possess a thorough and broad understanding of the banking industry preferably in the corporate banking division
• Good working knowledge of professional standards and codes along with good leadership and interpersonal skills
• Familiarity with the applicable regulatory requirements and BNM guidelines to the banking industry
This foreign bank is recognised within its related field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Manager, Regulatory Compliance role.
Apply today or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125