Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Jaecent Lei
Date posted 21 June 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An attractive Compliance Manager position has just arisen at a leading insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a young and talented professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her compliance career.
About the Compliance Manager role:
This is a great opportunity for a Compliance Manager to provide support to the company and ensure that it is in compliance with Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) Guidelines, Financial Services Act 2013 (FSA) and all circulars and notifications issued by the General Insurance Association of Malaysia (PIAM), as well as any other relevant regulatory bodies as well as the policies and procedures of the company.
- Review guidelines/circulars/directives/observations issued by relevant regulators, statutory agencies and industry associations to ascertain the compliance requirements, identify regulatory gaps by mapping the current practices with existing and new regulatory requirements as well as disseminate both requirements and findings accordingly
- Assist in the development and implementation of tools/techniques/system necessary for identifying regulatory gaps and rectifying non-compliance issues, including developing internal policies, operating manual, gap analysis and validation checklist necessary to meet regulatory requirements
- Perform regular compliance risk monitoring and testing to evaluate the adequacy of internal controls put in place to manage compliance risk and promptly follow up on any identified deficiencies and plans to address such deficiencies
- Facilitate the maintenance and administration of compliance systems (e.g. AML/CFT related systems) including evaluating internally generated non-compliance and reviewing all suspicious transaction reports prior to submission to the relevant regulators
- Plan and coordinate compliance programs and exercises for the company, including organising and conducting compliance training and awareness programmes for the company’s staff on relevant legal and regulatory requirements governing the company’s activities
To succeed in this role as a Compliance Manager, you must have at least five years’ relevant working experience in the industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Law or any Compliance and AML/CFT core-related discipline
- Strong knowledge in the insurance environment and/or financial services industry, preferably in the capacity as a Compliance officer and/or an employee under the Compliance or Internal Audit department
- Familiar with the requirements of FSA, BNM Guidelines/Regulations and PIAM circulars and possess the required analytical skills and sound understanding of the implications and complexities of the local regulatory compliance environment in order to carry out the responsibilities of the job as prescribed
This award-winning insurance firm has been one of the leaders in the region for years and promotes from within - career progression opportunities are outstanding.
If you are a talented and focused compliance professional seeking the right opportunity to take your career forward, this Compliance Manager job is the role for you.
Apply now or email me at Jaecent.Lei@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125