Salary + Medical Benefits
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting CASS Assurance role has just become available with the shared service arm of an established global financial institution to be based in Cyberjaya. Functional reporting to the Head of CASS Assurance based in London and also to the Chief Operating Officer of its European operations, this is a role for a compliance or risk professional who has exposure in Securities Services, up for a new challenge or already leading an unit but would want a change in environment.
About the CASS Assurance Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible to take lead in this newly formed team which is pivotal to ensuring the organisation maintains strong standards and highest levels of compliance as they relate to the Financial Conduct Authority's (FCA) UK CASS (Client Assets Protection) regime.
- Expected to form part of a small high performing team based locally
- Converse effectively with senior management and key stakeholders including Client Assets Oversight Officer, Compliance groups and internal & external audit
- Keep abreast of all internal developments that impact the execution and potential compliance with CASS rules and also actively engage in the response to FCA consultation papers and application of FCA policy statements
- Collaborate effectively across multiple groups while also to leverage on functions where direct reporting lines do not exist where it is key to driving tangible assets
To succeed in this CASS Assurance role you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix.
- Possess at least two to three years' of CASS experience in business operational environment would be preferred, or from a compliance or regulatory background with at least eight years' of relevant experience
- Ability to take initiatives in demonstrating knowledge of CASS rules and their application to business models and processes in a complex global business unit
- Possess experience with a top tier financial institution environment with ability to operate within federated model spanning multiple geographic location would be an added advantage
- Ability to exercise strong influencing skills and effective communicator at senior management level
- Evidence of Operational Risk or Regulatory Compliance (with business acumen) expertise along with ability to identify risk and build mitigating controls across front to back processes
This shared service arm of an established global financial institution needs no introduction as they have won awards within its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The banking institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting CASS Assurance role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125