Shariah & Regulatory Compliance Officer
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Shariah & Regulatory Compliance Officer role has just become available at one of the globally established investment financial institution to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Country Head of Compliance, this is a role for any Shariah professionals who is looking for a global platform and wishes to expand their scope to not just Shariah Compliance, but also general Regulatory Compliance too.
About the Shariah & Regulatory Compliance Officer Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for Compliance issues, particularly Shariah, in relation to the Bank's local activities, amongst others, in developing internal compliance policies, facilitating or assist relevant stakeholders in adhering to regulatory, legal and/or the Group's requirement through advisory work, monitoring and/or training sessions.
- Identify, assess, advise, monitor and report on regulatory compliance risks for the Bank's Islamic Banking activities while also manage the Bank's Shariah regulatory and compliance risks, and develop and maintain an appropriate internal control framework
- Protect the Bank against Shariah non-Compliance risks which may include client detriment, regulatory sanctions, financial loss and reputational damage
- Report regularly to the Bank's Shariah Committee and Regulatory Authorities on Shariah Compliance matters whilst also to provide Shariah Compliance advice regarding development of new products in line with appropriate processes and procedures and also to provide Shariah-related training
- Support Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime department in understanding and managing general compliance with the relevant laws, regulations, directives and Group Standards
- Ensure implementation and maintenance of adequate policies and procedures, undertake and be actively involved in proactive and reactive management and escalation of all Compliance risks, issues and breaches
- Monitor and test compliance with laws, regulations and internal controls in accordance with agreed policy and methodology, report and manage any findings or issues, and support management in their identification of appropriate remedial action plans
- Provide local and regional support to the local, regional and global Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime Management teams, as and when required
To succeed in the Shariah & Regulatory Compliance Officer role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with stakeholders of various levels, internally and externally, and across borders.
- Mandatory to possess a Bachelor's degree in Shariah, which includes studies in Usul Figh and Figh Muamalat with Fluency in written and spoken English
- At least five direct years of experience working as Shariah Compliance in a local or international financial institution or within a Regulatory Authority
- Familiar with Shariah Compliance related laws and regulations, including local conventional banking laws, with knowledge of banking and investment products are preferred
- Project management skills for managing local Compliance projects with close collaboration with businesses and to support roll out of existing projects initiated by Global Compliance
- Ability to handle stressful situations with internal stakeholders and regulators whilst maintain a professional approach to problem solving
- Has affinities with Audit or experience in Risk Management is desirable, but not essential
This globally established investment financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is very demanding but if you are confident and have the can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Shariah & Regulatory Compliance Officer role.
Apply today and email me at email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125