Head of Consumer Compliance
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 04 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Consumer Compliance role has just become available at a local public listed financial conglomerate based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Chief Compliance Officer of the banking entity, this is a role for a compliance professional who is a leader in their field with extensive exposure in the Consumer Banking segment.
About the Head of Consumer Compliance Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible to provide assurance to the Bank’s Board of Directors and management on the Bank’s compliance to regulatory requirements in areas of fair dealing and customer protection. You will also be tasked to drive the Group’s Compliance framework, initiatives and activities in line with the Group’s strategic direction, regulatory and global standards to ensure compliance with applicable local and foreign laws, rules, regulations, guidelines and standards governing the Group’s domestic and international operations
- Implement sound Compliance Framework within the Group while keeping abreast of new legal, regulatory developments and international best practices to improve the compliance effectiveness
- Provide oversight on implementation of new legal, rules, regulations and guidelines on key regulatory requirements such as data privacy, competition act, fair lending and consumer protection
- Advise, identify and assess impact of regulatory compliance risks during new product/services development, process, marketing/promotional campaigns and other related activities
- Submit the relevant regulatory compliance reports to regulatory bodies on compliance matters
- Act as the main liaison with the regulators and enforcement agencies on matters relating to data privacy, competition act, fair lending and consumer protection
- Update senior management on new initiatives, latest development and concerns/non-compliance relating to Regulatory Compliance
- Institutionalise compliance culture through dissemination of regulatory compliance requirements, trends and regulatory changes and employee’s roles and responsibilities to achieve the optimum level of compliance within the Group
To succeed in the Head of Consumer Compliance role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior stakeholders, across borders and internal matrix.
- Minimum of 10 years managerial experience in a banking and financial Institution with specialisation in compliance, legal and/or risk
- Knowledge of legislative aspects/regulatory requirements of the banking industry
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, through all levels of the organisation
- Leadership with the ability to see the big picture without losing attention to detail
- Possess analytical and critical thinking
A local public listed financial conglomerate in Bursa Malaysia and one of the largest business groups in Malaysia with over 300 Branches, Sales and Business Centres in Malaysia and abroad, you can expect excellent prospects for career advancement if you continually strive to improve and excel in your tasks assigned. The work can be demanding, but it is also interesting and challenging and also rewards satisfying at the same time.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Consumer Compliance role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125