Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 05 February 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Compliance Manager job has just become available at a globally-recognised insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Legal & Compliance, this role is for an experienced compliance professional within the insurance field to take on a bigger responsibility on a global platform.
About the Compliance Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be responsible for assisting the compliance function and ensuring the group and its subsidiaries are in compliance with all applicable legislation, regulations and guidelines issued by Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM), Life Insurance Association of Malaysia (LIAM), Persatuan Insurans Am Malaysia (PIAM) and other relevant regulatory bodies as well as the group's requirements.
- Provide proactive and reactive business oriented compliance advice to the organisation to enable the business to be commercially successful whilst legally and statutorily sound
- Perform all compliance reporting obligations to BNM, Regional office, Insurance Associations, Group and relevant bodies in a timely, appropriate and effective manner
- Investigate compliance-related matters and prepare necessary documents and advisory information ensuring quality compliance service is provided to the business
- Participate in the firm's initiatives and projects and provide compliance advisory services
- Assist in performance of compliance review work in the Annual Compliance Plan for timely and satisfactory completion
- Assist the Head of Function to manage, motivate and develop a team of individuals and ensure they have the capability to deliver objectives set for the function
- Implement and effectively execute policy programmes rolled up by BNM and the Group whilst also liaise with relevant regulators on specific issues
To succeed in this Compliance Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, externally and internally and across borders.
- A degree in Law or Qualified Professional Discipline with minimal eight years' experience
- A thorough and broad understanding of the insurance industry, preferably in both life and general insurance
- Good working knowledge of professional standards and codes, along with good leadership and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and influence senior management
- Familiarity with the applicable regulatory requirements and guidelines to the insurance industry
This global insurance company is recognised within its field of expertise. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career opportunities await the right person in this exciting Compliance Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125