Shariah Review Manager
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Shariah Review Manager role has just arisen at a globally established asset management firm based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Controls Department, this is a role for a Shariah Qualified Officer who is ready to take their career to the next level.
About the Shariah Review Manager Role:
In this business critical role you will be responsible to establishing and maintaining a comprehensive compliance manual, policies and procedures for the firm's Islamic entity. Your role is also critical to ensure compliance with securities laws & regulations and detect & prevent breaches of securities laws & regulations. Other key responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following.
- Implement compliance controls, monitoring and trade surveillance activities in line with regulatory and firm's requirements while mainly to administer and implement Shariah-compliant policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Ability to take charge, deal with appointed Shariah Adviser(s), organise meetings, record minutes and prepare reports for certification purposes and also to keep abreast of any changes in securities laws, regulations, relevant guidelines & industry developments and ensure timely dissemination of information pertaining to such changes and developments within the firm.
- Ensure that personnel undertaking regulated activity are appropriately licensed, establishing a compliance programme and carrying out annual review of the programme while also working closely with the Board & Senior Management on all compliance matters and liaising with relevant departments to discharge the duties effectively.
- Ensuring that processes and procedures are in place to deal with client's complaints in a fair, timely and effective manner and also submitting in a timely and accurate manner any information that is required by the Securities Commission (SC), including but not limited to firm and client related reports.
- Responsible to manage Shariah Mandate, to ensure compliance with requirements stipulated in the Guidelines on Islamic Fund Management and any relevant SC regulations.
To succeed in the Shariah Review Manager role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across boarders and internal matrix. Other key requirements include, but not limited to, the following.
- Possess a Shariah degree or professional qualification from a recognised institution with at least 5 years of direct/relevant experience as a compliance officer in the capital market.
- Attained the SC Licensing Examination for Fund Management Companies in relation to portfolio management i.e. Modules 9 & 10 and Compliance Module 11.
- Candidate with Legal/Accounting/Economics qualifications will be preferred (in the order of preference)
- Knowledge in Shariah laws/principles with any qualification/specific training to demonstrate the same will be an advantage.
This globally established asset management firm needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise across Europe. The culture is dynamic and very demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Shariah Review Manager role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125