Group Head of Financial Crime Compliance
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 October 2016
An exciting Group Head of Financial Crime Compliance role has just arisen with the top local leading financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Group Chief Compliance Officer, this is a role for a Financial Crime Compliance professional who is hungry for a new challenge and rebuilding a new team.
About the Group Head of Financial Crime Compliance Role:
In this business critical role you will be focusing on the development and implementation of financial crime compliance programme across the Group to meet applicable legal regulatory requirements. Subsequently you will oversee the operations of financial crime compliance in Head Office and provide support to compliance teams in other overseas units. Other key responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following.
- Develop & implement the Group's financial crime compliance framework & methodology and also the Group financial crime compliance control standards & procedures to guide businesses & functions in complying with relevant laws & regulations
- Work with relevant stakeholders to ensure appropriate controls are implemented to mitigate financial crime risk, formulate & drive global financial crime risk assessment, design & implement financial crime control monitoring & review framework and also support local (country level) financial crime compliance programme
- Oversee financial crime system strategies & implementation which include customer due diligence system, sanctions screening system and transaction monitoring system and investigation method & effort in identifying suspicious activities
- Ensure collaboration amongst financial crime compliance personnel across the Group, manage & participate in audits and regulatory inspections relating to financial crime compliance and ensure appropriate & timely resolution of findings and recommendations
- Develop, organise & coordinate appropriate financial crime compliance training to enhance awareness & controls and also prepare & coordinate financial crime related reports, updates & dashboard for Group Compliance, EXCO, Risk Management Committee & Board of Directors meeting
To succeed in the Group Head of Financial Crime Compliance role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively, independently and cooperatively with stakeholders of various levels, across borders and internal matrix. Other key requirements include, but not limited to, the following.
- University graduate with major in Business Administration, Law or other relevant disciplines with at least 15 years of working experience and more than 7 years in AML/Sanctions/Anti-Bribery Corruption compliance in a full-licensed bank
- Strong knowledge of financial crime regulations in the Asia Pacific region; along with Financial crime related professional certification is an added advantage.
- Familiar with AML/sanctions screening tools and systems
- Familiar with both consumer and corporate (including investment) banking products and services
- Proficient in English with strong communication skill
This top local leading financial institution requires no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is dynamic and very demanding but if you are confident and have the can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The financial institution is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Group Head of Financial Crime Compliance role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125