Chief Compliance Officer (Insurance)
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant YewWeng Low
Date posted 02 September 2016
A fast growing life insurance company is looking for an experienced compliance professional to head the Compliance department in Malaysia.
About the Chief Compliance Officer (Insurance) role:
Your main responsibilities are to provide an independent assessment, monitors and drives the implementation of the company’s Compliance framework into management practice. The incumbent also works closely with other Division Heads to promote and drive a culture within the business that results in the proper management of regulatory and compliance risks.
- work with Senior Management to understand the impact of new and existing regulations on current and potential business models and activities and develop solutions that comply with regulatory expectations while achieving business objectives
- conduct periodic assessment of compliance risk and assist business in developing or refining mitigation strategies and controls.
- support business in maintaining and growing profitability in compliance with regulatory expectations and shareholders’ compliance standards.
- develop Compliance Department team with subject matter expertise on regulatory requirements and with sufficient knowledge of business objectives and processes, enabling them to provide valued advice to business partners
- responsible for day to day compliance with AMLA regulations and guidelines
- minimum 12 years experience within a Compliance function in a large/international regulated financial services
- significant leadership experience and a strategic thinker
- excellent communication and inter-personal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business
- ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex issues.
- experience of working within a matrixed environment preferred including reporting internationally.
This global insurer is well-known internationally as a top financial service provider. The successful candidate can look forward to excellent exposure, a positive environment and the opportunity to move to the organisation’s other entities globally.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Chief Compliance Officer (Insurance) job.
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125