Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant YewWeng Low
Date posted 02 September 2016
A well-regarded foreign financial institution is seeking for a talented AVP/VP, AML to lead its growing team based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the AVP/VP, AML Role:
Your main task is to ensure that all relevant AML policies, procedures, systems and controls are implemented effectively.
- advise on the impact of new AML related internal and external rules and ensuring that local guidelines and procedures are in line
- assess the conformity of internal policies and procedures, systems and controls with relevant regulatory obligations and Group standards
- provide AML advice in the change management process including but not limited to the New Product Approval (NPA) and Vendor Risk Management (VRM) Process
- maintain an adequate Internal Control Framework for Unusual and/or Suspicious Transactions in terms of organization, administration systems and controls to ensure properly and timely detection, investigation and reporting of unusual and/or suspicious transactions or activities to competent authorities in compliance with applicable rules
- monitor local regulatory sanctions developments and notifying relevant changes and specifications to the Regional Head of Sanctions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Accounting or Finance
- minimum 5-8 years of direct AML/CFT working experience in the financial industry
- professional qualification in AML/CFT is added advantage
- possess high capability for problem-solving and proficiency in English
- willing to learn and able to deal with different parties
This globally established financial institution needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. The culture is very demanding but if you are confident and have the can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting AVP/VP, AML role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125