Group Chief Economist, Banking Group
Salary MYR960,000 - MYR1,080,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Sammie Sam
Date posted 22 October 20192019-10-31 2019-12-21 banking Kuala Lumpur Kuala Lumpur MY 50480 MYR 960000 1080000 1080000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a well-known banking group with a very strong presence in the APAC region. With significant growth, an excellent job opportunity has arisen for a Group Chief Economist, Banking Group to lead the team, based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Group Chief Economist, Banking Group Role:
Reporting to the Group CEO, you are responsible for providing leadership and visibility for the bank on economic, financial and socioeconomic development issues. The incumbent must be a world-class economist, with extensive experience in economics, finance, statistics, fiscal and economic management.
- Lead analytical work to inform the bank’s strategic directions and support top management and key committees through first-rate knowledge and technical policy support operations
- Frame and implement appropriate economic research agenda for the bank at country and regional levels
- Constantly and regularly update clients to keep abreast with the latest macroeconomic developments
- Provide leadership for the promotion of robust economic analysis, including development of the statistical capacities and systems for the provision of timely and reliable data for policy dialogue and formulation
- Attend to requests from clients and work with the team in building econometric models to understand/ explain region and global macroeconomic phenomena and explore macro themes
- As assigned, represent the bank’s management on economic and financial issues locally and regionally to provide the leadership required to safeguard and strengthen stakeholder’s confidence in the bank’s operations
To succeed in Group Chief Economist, Banking Group job, you will need to provide sound investment advice on macroeconomic developments to the banking group and top management.
- PhD in economics is strongly preferred; strong academic background in macroeconomics and econometrics
- At least 10 years of economics-related experience in an established financial institution
- Must be a visionary, with in-depth knowledge of the state of economic, financial and social development, and the linkages within different economic sectors as well as across regions
- A strong record of publications in the area of economic development, statistical systems development or capacity building with well-delineated policy implications
- Ability to think strategically and design long-term plans and programmes to develop staff competences in line with strategic priorities
The successful Group Chief Economist, Banking Group will join an organisation whose expertise has made them the leader in their field. This well-recognised brand offers a great opportunity and career progression.
If you have a successful track record of and enjoy working in a team environment, this Group Chief Economist, Banking Group is the role for you. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values a progressive mindset.
Apply today/send in your CV to email@example.com to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C