Senior Database Administrator (SQL)
Salary Excellent Package
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant FlorieMae Salazar
Date posted 07 October 20192019-10-07 2019-12-06 financial-services Petaling Jaya MY MYR 144000 160000 160000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Senior Database Administrator (SQL) role has just become available at one of the leading global financial services organisations based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Senior Database Administrator (SQL) Role:
In this business critical role, you will be largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organisation.
- Owning, tracking and resolving database related incidents and requests within provided SLAs, reviewing service related reports (e.g. database backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure service-related issues are identified and resolved within established SLAs, responding to database related alerts and escalations and working with database engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems
- High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned, focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs, establishing and maintaining communication with technology customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, initiating and performing changes on production systems and proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes
- The Production DBA Team is required to follow an on-site/on-call rotation including weekends to support the production environment. This position will fill either or a combination of the USA DBA second shift (from 7AM to 4PM Malaysia time) and/or USA DBA first shift (from 11PM to 7AM Malaysia time) with a rotating weekend schedule).
To succeed on this role, you must have at least four years of experience as a Microsoft SQL Server DBA in SQL Server 2014 and above.
- Experience with SQL Server Replication.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimisation using monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database problems.
- Experience with SQL server integration/reporting services
- Experience/knowledge of log shipping
- Knowledge of high availability (HA) and disaster recovery (DR) options for MSSQL server
- Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Experience working with Windows server, including active directory and proper disk configurations
This company needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you have a successful track record in on the technologies needed and wants to take a challenge of a global role, this Senior Database Administrator (SQL) role is the right role for you.
Apply today or email me at email@example.com to discuss further.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C