Senior Manager, Treasury Operations
Salary MYR216,000 - MYR312,000 per annum + Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Emily Lim
Date posted 01 July 20192019-07-01 2019-08-30 banking Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 216000 312000 312000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established local bank needs recognised as one of the top three leaders in its field of expertise in the corporate and global markets portfolio is looking to hire a Senior Manager, Treasury Operations for its office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About this Senior Manager, Treasury Operations Role:
You will be responsible for the effective operation and administration of the operations department. You will supervise the efficient discharge of duties and responsibilities by staff and to review and upgrade the Bank's services to customers. You will assist management and provide good support for the Bank's activities and ensure it is in compliance with the established rules, service level agreements and regulations.
A. Strategic Perspective
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the department to achieve annual objectives and deliverables
- Develop and operationalise sustainable growth strategy of the business by formulating and implementing initiatives which supports the strategy
- Support operational strategy and ensure that the operational activities meet the organisational requirements
B. People Management
- Evaluate performance and guide subordinates in terms of operational processes, skills and technical know-how in order to improve the staff productivity and to maintain consistency in operational support and delivery
- Execute human resource strategy, i.e. implementing succession plans, maintaining low staff attrition rate, rewarding and recognising high performers including maintaining a healthy and highly motivated team whilst encouraging teamwork
C. Risk & Compliance
- Establish proper structure in the department that promotes accountability and transparency; promote a sound compliance culture which reinforces ethical, prudent and professional behaviour
- Establish and improve on key control aspects of the operations to ensure compliance with the corporate requirements and risk mitigation thus reducing fraud losses / write-off adjustments
- Timely reporting of potential / actual breaches to the respective departments and branches
- Address actual or suspected breaches of regulatory requirements or internal policies in a timely and appropriate manner
D. Operations & Control
- Re-engineer business processes to improve customer service, cost effectiveness and controls in the department
- Effectively oversee the transaction processing as well as department activities. Ensure that the required tasks are completed within the expected time frame and operations are carried out in accordance with the operating procedures
- Oversee day to day support and advice in the department for transactional / reporting activities
- Oversee the resolution of routine / day to day issues and provide support to the branch with regards to customer enquiries, investigations and problem solving
- Oversee the defect and/or complaint management process
- Maintain a healthy and highly motivated team whilst encouraging teamwork
- Work closely with other respective operations team to resolve any exceptions or queries
- Proactively share new ideas and concepts to improve operations processes
- Oversee the review of operating procedures and maintenance of the processes
- Work effectively and independently as well as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor / Management from time to time
- Cover other duties of staff members during his/her absence
To succeed in this role, you must possess at least 15 years of working experience in Treasury Operations.
• Possess at least five years or more relevant experience. Preferably knowledge dealing with Treasury products
• Self-motivated and able to work as a team
• Possess positive attitude and willingness to learn
• Able to work fast, independently and under pressure
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Excel applications will be an added advantage
This bank has a very strong work culture that promotes internal mobility. If you are confident and have the can-do attitude without fear of being hands on, the potential rewards are significant. The bank is also very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Senior Manager, Treasury Operations.
Apply now and feel free to connect with me through email@example.com.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C