Assistant Manager, Data Analytics (Actuarial)
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 14 December 2018 2018-12-142019-02-12 insurance Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Assistant Manager, Data Analyst position has just arisen at a Malaysian takaful insurance firm based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Assistant Manager, Data Analyst Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be performing a wide range of analytics from data mining, advanced analytics and machine learning algorithms to support digital business automation initiatives across the organisation.
- To work closely with the business teams (ie. claim, agency, marketing, etc.) to understand business requirements and to formulate an analytical work plan based on the stated objectives.
- To write programming codes to prepare data from multiple sources of both structured and unstructured data, develop algorithms to perform systematic data cleansing, transform data fields, construct analytical dataset, develop and validate statistical models for business applications.
- To execute the analytical work plan end-to-end from producing data requirements, extracting data to completing the analysis and presenting the results/analytic insights to business user.
- To develop deep understanding of operational and business data and be regarded as a data expert within the company.
- To develop and enhance business/operation dashboard to enable real time tracking of performance with primary focus to uncover actionable insights to improve business/operation decisions.
- To succeed in the Data Analyst job, you will need to have the programming experience in SQL, R, Python, SAS and/ or other open source big data languages.
- Minimum 3 years’ related working experience in life insurance or general insurance/ financial services knowledge.
- Bachelor's degree/ Professional Qualification in Actuarial Science
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge in designing/ developing dashboard using tools such as Qlik, Tableau and Microsoft Power BI, etc
- Applied experience in developing statistical and communicating the results to non-technical business stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
This insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Data Analyst job.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125