Senior Actuarial Analyst - Valuation
Salary MYR80,000 - MYR120,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-04 insurance Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A rapidly expanding general insurance multinational is looking for a talented Senior Actuarial Analyst – Valuation in Kuala Lumpur to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will assist the Appointed Actuary in achieving long term financial soundness through robust reserve management, review of financial projections, ensuring conformance to the Central Bank’s and Group’s guidelines and requirements.
About the Senior Actuarial Analyst - Valuation Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Senior Actuarial Analyst – Valuation will play a key role in the reserving team’s continued development for IFRS 17 projects and reserve capital management in its Kuala Lumpur office.
- To coordinate with the implementation of IFRS 17 projects between finance, internal and external stakeholders by providing feasibility study and analysis on setting up tools and processes in place
- To maintain and develop process of actuarial valuation in line with Central Bank’s requirements
- To ensure adequate controls are in place through periodic validation of methodology, data points, process and output for actuarial reserve and valuation in line with guidelines
- To aid in validating and reviewing business plans of existing operations from an actuarial perspective including loss ratios selection and reinsurance optimisation
- To assist Appointed Actuary in preparation of Financial Condition Report in a timely manner
The successful candidate must possess at least a minimum of two and a half years of actuarial valuation working experience and have the ability to use SAS proficiently.
- Good understanding of local insurance market and Central Bank’s requirements in actuarial valuation reporting process
- Degree in quantitative discipline such as Actuarial, Finance, Economics, Statistics, Insurance or Risk Management
- Member of an Actuarial Institute of Society recognised by Insurance Act 1996 / Financial Services Act, with good progress in passing Actuarial Professional Examinations
- Good knowledge of valuation and pricing for general insurance liabilities
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
This leading general insurer has an outstanding international reputation in its field and great value is placed on training and development. With an established history, this is a great brand to join at an exciting time in their development of actuarial processes and IFRS 17 projects in place.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Actuarial Analyst - Valuation.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more, please contact Leon Lim on +603 – 2380 8738 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the Job Reference No. 1350110
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125