Senior Portfolio Analyst
Salary MYR96,000 - MYR120,000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 30 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A world-leading insurance organisation is recruiting a Senior Portfolio Analyst in Malaysia to join their team. In this Senior Portfolio Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting the actuarial pricing, portfolio management and business intelligence duties across Group Personal Insurance products within the Asia Pacific region.
About the Senior Portfolio Analyst Role:
Due to on-going expansion plans, the Senior Portfolio Analyst will be playing a key role in advancing portfolio management capabilities for assigned geographies with existing dashboards and deep dive analysis. You will drive discussions with key stakeholders to identify profit and loss drivers and identify critical insights that will be helpful in meeting business objectives.
- To identify key profit and loss drivers for assigned geographies and line of business using existing dashboards provided by the Business Intelligence team
- To lead business review sessions with key stakeholders for an understanding of business performance by segments and to formulate action plans
- To conduct a series of deep dive analysis on issues identified from regular business review sessions
- To work closely with business intelligence analysts in ensuring internal requirements are translated into data requirements
- To work closely with Pricing Actuaries in supporting pricing activities where necessary
- To provide support on reporting requirements from the Global team
The successful candidate must possess at least three to five years’ experience and have the ability to merge statistical insights with business realities through strong reasoning and good analytical skills.
- Candidates must be fluent in writing and speaking of English Language
- Candidates must possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Business Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics or similar field of studies to Analytics
- Candidates with past working experience in insurance or financial services are preferred
- Candidates with hands-on experience in data visualisation using software such as Tableau, Qlikview and Cognos are preferred
- Candidates must have good communications and interpersonal skills
- Candidates are expected to possess good time management skill coupled with a strong sense of urgency for deadlines
- Candidates with knowledge in insurance products (accident & health) are preferred
This insurance multinational needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. Through robust training programmes, they invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that their people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
If you are a progressive Portfolio Analyst with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply now or call me to discuss this opportunity!
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125