Head of Risk Management, Life Insurance
Salary + Attractive Benefits
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Anthony Lim
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Risk Management, Life Insurance role has just become available with a global insurance operator to be based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Group CRO, the incumbent will be leading the Life Risk function of firm with a lean team to manage on a regional platform.
About this Head of Risk Management, Life Insurance Role:
In this business critical role, you are responsible to assist the Group Chief Risk Officer to ensure the identification, monitoring and reporting of all Life Insurance and Financial related risks within the Life business operations by developing sound, open and proactive risk culture through business partnering with management and relevant departments
- Perform independent second Opinion Reserves Review on an agreed frequency (i.e. formal reports, reporting to Management & Board level risk committees with Regional/Group) and also discuss and challenge the reserves computed by 1st Opinion
- Drive and provide second opinion review including pricing review, new products, re-pricing, significant changes, analyse profitability with relation to the firm's Product Approval Process
- Involve and provide second opinion on Investment Approval Process whilst also to review for all Strategic Asset Allocation and Asset Liability Management studies and any related changes
- Ensure timely establishment Risk Appetite Framework dimensions, alerts, limits and indicators and ensure relevant risk owners have provided with timely remediation action plans for any breaches
- Ensure timely establishment of relevant policies, review and approval across the Risk Management policy
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of local regulations and all other relevant statutory regulations and guidelines, as well as all relevant firm, regional group policies and procedures
To be successful in this Head of Risk Management, Life Insurance role, you would possess strong communication and presentation skills to liaise with stakeholders of various seniority within the organisation.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or relevant discipline; professional Actuarial qualifications (i.e. SOA, CAS, FIA, FIAA, etc) is an added advantage
- Minimum five years of working experience in Actuarial Valuation/Pricing; UW, RI and Big Data experience would be added advantage
- Good understanding of the Life Insurance industry and operations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with excellent verbal and written English communication skills
- Good team player, positive thinking, highly motivated and eager to learn and develop personally
This global insurance firm needs no introduction and is recognised in its own field of expertise. With great clients and known for their corporation culture, the firm is on the path to paving its way for creative and innovative insurance products for private and corporate consumers. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Risk Management, Life Insurance role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125