Assistant Manager, Actuarial - Pricing
Salary MYR72,000 - MYR84,000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 17 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
A leading international general insurance business is seeking a high-calibre Assistant Manager, Actuarial - Pricing in Kuala Lumpur. In this job, you will support the department in pricing and analytical functions.
About the Assistant Manager, Actuarial - Pricing Role:
Due to future expansion plans, you will play a key role in the actuarial team’s continued development.
- Assist in performing product pricing and sensitivity tests to ensure viability of the product, as well as ensuring adoption of actuarial best practices within the team
- Assist in carrying out actuarial tasks related to product pricing and development in accordance to regulatory and internal guidelines
- Assist in carrying out experience analysis
- Assist in preparing timely submission and filing of product documentation to regulators
- Assist in providing support for ad hoc/statistics request from various stakeholders within the organisation and regulators
- Assist in collaborating with other stakeholders in product development process to ensure feasibility and viability of the new product
To succeed in this Assistant Manager, Actuarial - Pricing role, you will need to have a strong understanding of general insurance and marketplace conditions and how they impact financial models and results.
- Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Statistics or related courses
- Pursuing professional qualification under the CAS / SOA / IOA / IOAA / CIA or any equivalent
- Ability to apply actuarial knowledge together with quantitative / analytical skills into daily tasks
- Ability to learn independently and solve technical problems
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in general insurance or other relevant role
- Experience in SAS or other computer programming e.g. SQL, VBA is an advantage
This company is much more than financial services and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive Assistant Manager, Actuarial - Pricing with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to work with an industry leader that is constantly breaking new ground.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125