Senior Manager - Actuarial (Analytics & Valuation)
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 02 April 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Senior Manager – Actuarial (Analytics & Valuation) job has just become available at one of the global General Insurance brand in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting directly to the Head of Actuarial, this is a role for an Actuary who has in-depth understanding for preparation of the Financial Condition Report (FCR).
About the Senior Manager – Actuarial (Analytics & Valuation) Role:
This is a great opportunity for the Senior Manager – Actuarial (Analytics & Valuation) to redevelop group systems and processes. Your main responsibility is to build relationships with key stakeholders and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, consistently check data used to perform reserving and analytic reports for completeness and accuracy and to validate results through benchmarking.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of day to day business operations in line with SOP across all support functions
- Maintain the valuation team’s timely delivery of reserving and analytic reports
- Must be able to communicate and enhance documentation of all reserving and analytic reports
- Be informed with on-going updates within the industry
- Mentoring, hiring and growing a team of senior and junior actuarial analysts
- Ensure that the actuarial functions are performed in accordance with internal, group and regulatory requirements, in a timely manner
- Travelling to regional home office and within the business region may be required
To succeed in this role as a Senior Manager – Actuarial, you must have the ability to lead effectively and be informed with on-going actuarial and analytics development within the insurance sector.
- Candidates who are energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated actuarial professional to be key driver of the Actuarial & Analytics function with managerial responsibilities
- Actuarial experience in General Insurance with an insurance firm, consulting firm or financial services organisation
- Depth of experience in at least two core Actuarial areas in General Insurance: reserving, product pricing, enterprise risk management, economic capital modelling, reinsurance optimisation, investment management and regulatory reporting (FCR, ICAAP)
- Ability to see the “big picture”
- Strong emphasis of the role is on actuarial skills, interpersonal skills and management
This reputable general insurance has insurance products and wide services range. Pursuant to the re-branding, this company will leverage on the Group’s global expertise while maintaining the Company’s balanced, diversified and entrenched distribution channels in Malaysia and continuing to sustain a strong and robust balance sheet.
If you have a successful track record of working experience in reserving and analytics and enjoy working in a open environment, you can take your career forward with this exciting Senior Manager, Actuarial (Analytics & Valuation).
Apply now or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T
Licence Number: JTK2125
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125