Salary MYR96,000 - MYR156,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant YiChin Loke
Date posted 08 May 20192019-05-08 2019-07-07 fmcg Petaling Jaya MY MYR 96000 156000 156000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An attractive Tax Manager job has just arisen at a leading FMCG firm in Petaling Jaya. In line with the SST implementation, this is a newly-created position.
About the Tax Manager Role:
In this business critical role, you will be managing the full local tax compliance position of your company including ensuring the quality and timely filing of all tax returns in Malaysia for both direct, indirect taxes and all other local taxes.
Key Responsibilities :
- Assisting the Finance Director in managing the local corporate tax position in alignment with corporate tax department including the review of tax accounting reports (e.g. Deferred tax position, ETR, etc)
- Contact point for local tax advisers and local tax authorities in tax compliance matters
- Working closely with corporate tax department and shared services team in ensuring the relevant corporate tax position for Malaysia is maintained including monitoring cross border transactions, review of tax packages, assisting in transfer pricing documentation
- Leading the project management work to ensure the implementation of sales tax system changes
- Working closely with the supply chain to minimise customs tax risks
- Build relationships and interact with business stakeholders to provide relevant tax advice on business development projects and legislative changes
- Working with corporate tax department in the mitigation of local tax risks
- Working closely with corporate tax department in the management of tax audits and tax audit defence files
- Governance of HS codes determination process (in close cooperation with operations) for sales tax and customs duties
- Manage the governance of the master data for tax purposes
- Monitor local tax law changes and translate it to the business impact or opportunities
To succeed in the Tax Manager job, you need to have excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns.
- BA in Accounting or Finance
- At least six years of experience in tax, in which at least two years in the same position in FMCG companies, five years Big Four background is preferred
- Knowledge of business process and SAP system
- Excellence in managing the relationship with related stakeholders in the company
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with proactive attitude
This multinational FMCG needs no introduction and is a brand that is recognised as a leader in their field of expertise. With good culture, benefits and leadership, the firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to be part of a pioneer team, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Tax Manager job.
Apply today or email me your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C