Indirect Tax Manager
Salary MYR228000 - MYR252000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant YiChin Loke
Date posted 04 October 2016
An Indirect Tax Manager job has just become available at one of the most respected shared service centre based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Indirect Tax Manager role :
You will me managing the indirect tax team within the global tax, controls and compliance tower. As the manager, you're responsible for ensuring timely and accurate filing of indirect tax returns for the business across multiple jurisdictions.
Key responsibilities :
- Develop appropriate processes for Indirect tax as part of end to end reporting process
- Management of other key stakeholders who operate processes and controls that are critical to indirect tax compliance processes, in particular Commercial and Financial Operations teams.
- Understanding complex business scenarios and transaction chains, and break these down to basic principles to determine the correct indirect tax treatment.
- Reviewing of tax returns and providing feedback/support to the team
- Providing support for UAT testing for indirect tax systems implementations and changes in the tax rules.
- Providing support and advice on more complex technical issues and answering queries
- Ensure timely information gathering and responses are prepared for tax authority audits and enquiries.
- Identify opportunities, producing work plans and implement simplification and standardisation programmes which deliver process efficiency.
- Managing and driving the delivery, performance and continuous improvements of the process for greater process efficiency's and costs.
- Provide inputs and recommendations towards the development of Tax strategy and support the implementation of the strategy in line with group overall integrated service model.
- A university degree or professional qualification, in accountancy or its equivalent. A tax qualification is advantageous.
- Membership with the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia or UK &/or US equivalent is advantageous
- Minimum of 9 - 10 years of experience in a client-service oriented function and managing a team
- Good communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in a simple and commercial way
- Proven analytical skills and ability to break down complex problems into discrete pieces for analysis
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and influence credibly at all levels of organisation, including executive and C-level.
This FTSE 100 company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. This large MNC provides growth within the organisation not limited to functional job scope so long one has the right attitude and aptitude to excel. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Indirect Tax Manager job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125