Regional Controller APAC - R2R
Salary Market Aligned
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant HuaChoon Gan
Date posted 28 August 20192019-08-28 2019-10-27 pharmaceuticals Petaling Jaya MY MYR 192000 240000 240000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Regional Controller APAC - R2R job has just become available at one of the most established pharmaceutical firms based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting to the Head of Shared Services you will be part of the new APAC finance hub in KL, Malaysia.
About the Regional Controller APAC - R2R Role:
As the Regional Controller APAC - R2R you will oversee all regional accounting activities to ensure consistent, accurate and efficient delivery of US GAAP and local GAAP financial statements, validated through regular internal and external audits. In addition, this role will require day-to-day management of general accounting activities, coordination and interaction with APAC teams, supporting recruitment and retention of employees, and leading process improvement activities
- During the project implementation phase, the primary focus will be to act as the interface between APAC financial leaders and the project team (including the Global Process Owner (GPO) for R2R and the SAP S/4 Project Team). The focus of the role is to ensure SAP is deployed to deliver a streamline, efficient, automated, and user-friendly process
- Provide thorough ownership for all aspects of the financial statements (US GAAP and Local GAAP) through robust governance and accountability for journal voucher reviews, account reconciliation reviews, taxation and inter-company processes
- Act as key subject matter expert on complex accounting treatments on US GAAP and Local GAAP policy/procedures interpretation
- Proactively monitor and anticipate changing business, regulatory, and financial requirements, processes, and practices
- Monitor and report end-to-end process metrics and KPIs to measure service levels, operational effectiveness, process health, and process compliance
- Demonstrate a strong compliance-oriented mindset and help to build a strong compliance culture
- Ensure ownership for all applicable SOX and operational controls as well as broader oversight for all controls that influence the financial statements
As a member of the regional team, the role will provide strong leadership across the organisation focusing on standardisation, optimisation and best practice. In this respect, you are expected to step up as necessary to take on leadership of local, regional or global projects when needed, including staff engagement activities and programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in finance or accounting with ACCA, CPA, ICAA certification or equivalent
- Energetic, proactive and self-motivated qualified finance professional with the capability to build strong internal and external relationships with stakeholders
- Extensive APAC financial reporting and tax experience in US GAAP
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Track record of driving simplification and continuous improvement across key business processes
- Able to work in a local/regional/global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels and disciplines, as well as external stakeholders such as auditors and tax authorities
This company has an outstanding international reputation in its market and great value is placed on employee training and development. They have the people and culture which promotes innovation, enterprise and creativity. This well recognised brand offers an amazing opportunity to take your career to the next level.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C