Head of Shared Service
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR264,000 per annum
Location Shah Alam
Consultant HuaChoon Gan
Date posted 17 September 2018Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Head of Shared Service opportunity has just become available at one of the most well-established services firms based in Petaling Jaya. You will be required to work closely with the other corporate Finance teams and Regional Financial Officers to provide finance related support for all aspects of operations in these regions – North America, Europe, Middle East and Africa, South Asia, and South East Asia.
About the Head of Shared Service:
The Global Shared Service (GSS) head will provide leadership, management and oversight of GSS to the Finance function to maximise efficiencies for the group; also, to partner with global process owners throughout the rest of Finance to meet existing deliverable and continuously improve processes through design simplification, innovation and automation. This includes leading the GSS response to business continuity planning.
• Lead high performing teams through coaching and mentoring, to build and grow operational capability
• Development, interpretation, coordination and administration of company policies on finance, accounting, internal controls and maintenance of records and procedures to adequately safeguard the assets of the corporation
• Ensure that the preparation and issuance of GSS’ statutory accounts are in accordance to local GAAP. Accountable for performance of GSS against budget
• Maintain strong controls ensuring all group policies, procedures and statutory requirements are compiled with by all GSS KL staff. Elevate the relevancy and timeliness of the control environment
• Work closely with business partners to understand and identify the needs for specific services and capabilities; develops and promotes GSS capabilities to meet those needs
• Support management in the modernisation and optimisation journey in the adoption of new systems and strategies such as Robotic Process Automation technologies and expanded cloud options
• Adopt a business services approach in which business units are viewed as customers; to improve center productivity, greater employee engagement and retention, and further cost optimisation
• Build a culture of continuous improvement that ensures process flows and standard operating procedures are both kept current and reviewed by all staff and stakeholders, and constantly enhanced and improved
• As a part of the extended finance leadership team you will contribute to the continuous finance transformation
• Establish and maintain effective business relations with external auditor and regulatory authorities
• Oversee accounting and finance operations to ensure proper maintenance of financial records and compliance with finance and accounting standards, regulatory guidelines and reporting requirements
To succeed in the Head of Shared Service role, you will need to have the ability to work effectively and co-operatively with senior members of the organisation, across borders and internal matrix
• Candidate must possess at least Professional Degree in Finance/ Accountancy or full Professional Qualification, MICPA/ CIMA/ ACCA/ MIA
• Minimum 17 years’ experience in shared services industry, with at least 5 years in a leadership role. Relevant accounting experience in CPA firms is a plus
• Currently leading the delivery of a Finance shared service with more than 100 staff
• Demonstrated experience in impacting the quality and success of a finance shared service with proven experience in change management
• Strong grasp and working knowledge of accounting principles and their applications. Keep abreast of the new developments in Singapore Financial Reporting Standards
This company has an outstanding international reputation in its market and great value is placed on employee training and development. As a dynamic and people centric organisation, they believe in hiring the best people to partner in their ever-growing profitable organisation.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting role.
Apply today to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125