Manager Statutory Reporting - Tax
Salary MYR228000 - MYR264000 per annum
Location Kuala Lumpur
Consultant YiChin Loke
Date posted 04 October 2016
A Manager Statutory Reporting - Tax job has just become available at one of the most respected shared service centre based in Kuala Lumpur.
About the Manager Statutory Reporting - Tax role :
You're accountable for supervising a team of Statutory Reporting professionals to ensure timely and accurate preparation, review and filing of statutory accounts and tax packs for about 120 legal entities.
Key responsibilities :
- Manages a team which supports about 120 legal entities with various complexity that require a solid understanding of the nature of the legal entities set-up and business activities, relevant statutory reporting and audit requirements, and applicable direct tax principles, in order to execute activities effectively.
- Drive and ensure the KL team’s accurate and timely delivery of statutory reporting (e.g. preparation of statutory reports, tax packs, etc.) in accordance with SLAs.
- Oversees the overall progress of UK Statutory Reporting schedule to ensure adherence through closely engagement with GBS Europe, UK Central Team and KL Tax team.
- Coordinate, facilitate and review draft statutory accounts, directors’ briefs, audit files, tax packs and quality control check lists with support from team members.
- Manage queries from Company Secretary and UK company directors
- Proactively identify, propose and implement process improvement, standardisation and simplification activity within the team
- Manage relationships in matters of Statutory Reporting as appropriate with Group Accounts; Group Finance, Group Tax, Business stakeholders across the globe and external auditors from KL and UK.
- Support Central Accounting team in UK in managing “Operation Governance Board” and “Executive Governance Board” meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Recognised professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CPA, CIMA or MIA).
- Member of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (MIA) (if managing Malaysian entities).
- Minimum of 9-10 years of experience in Statutory Reporting and/or direct tax or tax accounting with strong knowledge of external financial reporting regulation, Group Reporting Manual and Group Account Policies.
This FTSE 100 company needs no introduction and is recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. This large MNC provides growth within the organisation not limited to functional job scope so long one has the right attitude and aptitude to excel. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager Statutory Reporting - Tax job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125