Manager, Internal Audit
Salary Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Madiha MdRidza
Job Ref 1839180/001
Date posted 11 August 2022kuala-lumpur accountancy-finance/internal-auditor 2022-08-11 2022-10-10 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An exciting Manager, Internal Audit job has just become available at a renowned insurance company based in Kuala Lumpur. This is a role for an individual who is looking for an exciting opportunity to be a part of the changing landscape in the insurance industry.
About the Manager, Internal Audit Role:
In this business critical role, you will execute audits and evaluate the adequacy of controls according to established schedule and quality requirements.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit plan and schedules, board committee reports, monthly country reports and fulfil other regional or local reporting requirements (where required)
- Coordinate and monitor audits being performed by regulators, external auditors (for special projects, if any), other entities’ auditors and other groups providing assurance
- Prepare audit reports and participate in discussion of issues and remedial action plans with the appropriate levels of management
- Assist with reporting overall results of audits to Board Committee and management
- Follow up on outstanding audit issues and monitor timely completion of agreed remedial actions by the management
- Proactively contribute to the development of the team through coaching, training, sharing of ideas and providing timely feedback to the junior staff
- Identify ways to improve the audit process and synergy among team members
- Liaise with the control community and other members of the company to contribute to the implementation of an effective and efficient system of internal control
- Develop rapport with business unit management through regular communication of changes in business operations, emerging risks and potential issues, etc.
- Take the initiative in improving self through training courses relevant to auditing and on-the-job training, enrol in training courses approved by Senior Manager, Internal Audit
To succeed in the Manager, Internal Audit job, you will need to perform other responsibilities and duties periodically assigned by the Senior Manager, Internal Audit in order to meet operational and/or other requirements.
- Minimum of five years of internal/external audit experience in the insurance, financial or a related industry. Candidates with operations audit and/or Takaful audit are welcome to apply
- Professional qualifications such as Certified Public Accountant or equivalent
- Proficient in audit tools and other software such as ACL (data analytic tools) and MS Office, intermediate knowledge in IT
- Good command of both verbal and written English
- Good team player who is committed to achieving results
- Ability to work under pressure and meet milestones within time, cost and quality constraints
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly and multitask
This organisation is an exciting addition to the insurance industry. The firm is very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Manager, Internal Audit job.
Apply today or contact me to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 September 2022An interesting Vice President, Financial Reporting job has become available at a financial institution based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 06 September 2022An interesting Vice President, Budgeting job has become available at one of the financial institutions based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: MYR120,000 - MYR240,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 05 August 2022A well-established telecommunication company is seeking a Senior Finance Manager in Klang Valley. Reporting to the Vice President, you will be driving the financial leadership to the profitability growth of the business.
Salary: MYR250,000 - MYR350,000 per annum + Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 21 September 2022An exciting Head of Treasury job has just become available at one of the public listed companies based in Kuala Lumpur.
Salary: Market AlignedLocation: Kuala LumpurDate posted: 11 September 2022An Asia Finance Director job has become available at Gulf Marketing Group, a global retailer in MENA, SEA and Hong Kong. This role is for an experienced Regional Finance Director to lead and play a key role in strategic direction, as well as commercial decisions for the SEA region.