Head of Group Internal Audit
Salary MYR240,000 - MYR340,000 per annum + Market aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Melissa Ang
Date posted 23 May 20192019-05-23 2019-07-22 engineering mid valley MY MYR 240000 340000 340000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Head of Group Internal Audit role has just become available at one of the public listed engineering firms based in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Audit Committee, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About this Head of Group Internal Audit role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive audit framework/plan covering all the activities of the group, prioritising the audit assignments based on a risk assessment.
- Maintain a continuous and effective working relationship with the Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management to deal with current and pertinent issues relating to improvement of internal controls, governance and risk management processes within the Group
- Ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance processes within the group, including being alert to the significant risks that might affect objectives, operations or resources
- Keep the Audit Committee and Chief Executive Officer informed of the results of the audit and risk associated with Group activities and services
- Direct the planning of individual audit assignments to ensure that professional standards are maintained. Counsels and guides auditors to ensure that the approved audit objectives are met and adequate coverage is achieved
- Provide policies, procedures and audit programs to guide the audit staff, in order that the objectives and technical aspects of the audit assignment can be met
- Review user related procedures/policies for improvement / sign-off, to ensure they provide for adequate and efficient internal controls to mitigate the associated risks
- Advise management on new developments that affect control and provides solution in a proactive manner
- Ensure that subordinates keep abreast of professional developments and monitors professional development programs for employees
To succeed in the Head of Group Internal Audit role, you will need to have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance, ACCA/CIMA/CPA are added advantage
- At least 15 years' working experience in managerial positions
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and strong leadership skills
- Relevant experience in oil and gas, engineering, and manufacturing would be an added advantage
- Open for travelling > 50%
This public listed engineering firm needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Group Internal Audit role.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C