Senior Manager, Internal Audit
Consultant Ammelia Chew
Date posted 09 April 20192019-04-09 2019-06-08 insurance Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 156000 204000 204000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my
An attractive Senior Manager, Internal Audit job has just arisen at an insurance firm based in KL. This is a role for a high-performing professional who is seeking new opportunities to progress in his or her career.
About the Senior Manager, Internal Audit:
This is an existing position within the Internal Audit function. The Senior Manager will have an integral role in ensuring key business risks are identified and appropriately mitigated. Reviews business processes and financial practices enterprise-wide to ensure the use of compliant and best practices, procedural efficiency, and accuracy. Prepares reports of audit findings for senior management, and proposes recommendations for changes as needed. Participates consultatively in implementing changes to systems and processes that affect the Company.
- Responsible for the overall execution of the organisation’s IA audit.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in all functional and administrative matters as when required.
- Identify organisation’s audit universe and plan for audits related for the Insurance business at appropriate intervals.
- Ensure the completion of all planned audits within the budgeted time and cost.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit to ensure that the units audited have in place a sound system of internal control and risk management with adequate established policies, procedures and guidelines, operating and accounting controls that are complied with and operating effectively in promoting efficiency, proper conduct and protecting the assets of the company. Make the necessary recommendations for improvement and rectifications of weaknesses.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in reporting the audits results to the Chairman and Audit and Examination Committees (AEC), and highlight significant findings to them.
- Undertake the performance and completion of unscheduled/ ad-hoc reviews as and when required.
- Liaise with regulators, external audits and other relevant authorities.
- Assist the Head of Internal Audit in preparing updates and reports to the regional team.
- Continuous assessment of internal and external business risks, development and oversight of audit plan covering identified risks, effective use of audit resources coordination of plan within the Malaysia, Regional, and Head Office audit teams.
- Support in the planning and execution of the Takaful’s Annual Audit Plan
To succeed in this role, you will need to possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience; skilled candidate with experience in auditing, risk management or compliance. CPA (Including USCPA), CA, CIA, or MBA graduate.
- Strong team player with ability to lead discussions with peers, clients and management.
- Preferably with knowledge and ability to carry out data analytics
- Ability to work within timelines
- Experience within the financial or insurance industry is preferred but not mandatory.
This insurance firm has got the people and ethos to act with speed, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all add up to a great place to work.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this Senior Manager, Internal Audit job.
Apply today or email me at Ammelia.Chew@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C