Head, Internal Audit
Salary MYR180,000 - MYR240,000 per annum
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant YiChin Loke
Date posted 04 December 2018 2018-12-042019-02-02 oil-and-gas Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A Head, Internal Audit job based in Kuala Lumpur has just become available at a globally integrated oil and gas firm.
About the Head, Internal Audit Role:
In this business-critical role, you will be responsible for developing a comprehensive audit framework/plan covering all the activities of the group, prioritising the audit assignments based on a risk assessment.
- Maintain a continuous and effective working relationship with Audit Committee, Chief Executive Officer and Senior Management to deal with current and pertinent issues relating to improvement of internal controls, governance and risk management processes within the group
- Ensure adequacy and effectiveness of internal control, risk management and governance processes within the group; includes being alert to the significant risks that might affect objectives, operations or resources
- Keep the Audit Committee and Chief Executive Officer informed of results of the audit and risk associated with group activities and services
- Direct the planning of individual audit assignments to ensure that professional standards are maintained; counsel and guide auditors to ensure that the approved audit objectives are met and adequate coverage is achieved
- Provide policies, procedures and audit programs to guide the audit staff to ensure that objectives and technical aspects of the audit assignment can be met
- Review user-related procedures/policies for improvement/sign-off to ensure they facilitate adequate and efficient internal controls to mitigate the associated risks
- Advise management on new developments that affect control and provides solution in a proactive manner
- Ensure that subordinates keep abreast of professional developments and monitor professional development programs for employees
To succeed in the Head, Internal Audit job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively within a team environment and cooperatively with affiliates across the region.
- Candidate must possess at least a bachelor's degree in Accounting and Finance, ACCA/CIMA/CPA are added advantage
- At least 15 years' working experience in managerial positions
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and strong leadership skills
- Relevant experience in oil and gas, engineering, and manufacturing would be an added advantage
- Open for extensive travelling > 50%
This globally integrated oil and gas firm has more than 20 years' experience in its field.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head Internal Audit job.
Apply today or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125