Internal Controls and Compliance
Salary Up to MYR100,000 per annum + additional benefits
Consultant Melissa Ang
Date posted 30 August 2018 2018-08-302018-10-29 engineering Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters Malaysia
An exciting Internal Controls and Compliance role has just become available at one of the MNC engineering firms based in Puchong. Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, you will be a part of the dynamic team.
About the Internal Controls and Compliance role:
You will be focused on ensuring compliance to US GAAP and SOX requirements, while also testing the controls that are in place and closing gaps.
- Assess system of internal controls, highlighting areas of improvements and making the necessary changes through revisions of procedures and process flowcharts to address weaknesses
- Conduct assessments to ensure compliance with regional and corporate HQ policies
- Coordinate and conduct audits at functional departments and branches; work with functional and branch managers to put in place changes to address gaps
- Carry out documentary SOX tests to meet requirements and implement changes to strengthen processes
- Periodically review actions implemented to ensure sustainability of changes
- Periodically review the currency of local financial policies and procedures, making revisions and communicating changes, including training, as required
- Prepare and review balance sheet account reconciliations and ensure integrity of balances
- Supervise submission of internal controls-related reports
The successful candidate will have exposure to SOX requirements and US GAAP, and be able to work independently.
- Degree in Accounting, Economics or Management with at least five years' experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX requirements
- Strong skills in internal controls, with ability to assess gaps and develop corrective actions; raise the robustness of the internal controls system through the conduct of in-depth reviews at the HQ and branches
- Review and make policies changes to address weaknesses and ensure higher level of compliance
- Able to apply process skills to map out current and proposed flows with objective to improve adherence to policies
- Solid accounting skills which will enable the preparation and analysis of balance sheet reconciliations
- Strong communications and presentations skills
This engineering organisation needs no introduction and is one of leaders in its field of expertise. It has a strong presence in the market, and is very focused on developing and training its people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Internal Controls and Compliance role.
Apply today to discuss the opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd) Business Registration Number : 729828-T Licence Number : JTK2125