Head of Internal Audit
Location Petaling Jaya
Consultant John Wooden
Date posted 10 October 2016
A world recognised Manufacturing company is looking for a high-calibre Head of Internal Audit to be based in their expanding office in Malaysia.
About the Head of Internal Audit Role :
In this business critical role In this business critical role, you will serve as a proactive business partner advising the senior leadership team on audit issues that impact the business of the group by providing risk based assessments, governance and compliance advice coupled with an industry perspective on a wide range of strategic and operational issues.
Key Responsibilities :
- Responsible for various controls and compliance initiatives designed to provide the assurance to the finance committee and senior management of the operating companies within the group
- Manage the implementation of audit findings including the identification of issues and making recommendations to enhance the internal controls and improve the process/systems
- Formulating the annual internal audit plan, table the plan to the finance committee for approval and organised the internal audit resources towards fulfilling the plan
- Overlooking and executing the monthly audit activities which include special investigation, due diligence, forensic audit and follow-up review as requested by finance committee, group and senior management
- Review risk assessments of business unit exposures, identify risk, evaluate their potential impact and review the strengths and weaknesses of the company's existing controls
- In-charge to design operating company’s internal controls systems and compliance with policies, procedures, corporate governance as well as to identify causes of any uneconomic and inefficient practices
- Identify activities subject to audit coverage, evaluate their significance, and assess the degree of risk inherent in the activity; in terms of cost, schedule and quality
To succeed in the Head of Internal Audit job, you will need to have the ability to work effectively within a team environment and co-operatively with the internal functions such as marketing, sales and finance.
Key Requirements :
- Minimum 10 years of working experiences within the Management position as an Internal Auditor
- Candidates with prior experiences handling IA function in a manufacturing environment are an added advantage
- Strong spoken and written skills (English)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or equivalent
- Sound analytical skill and able to work independently within a team environment
- Must be open for atleast 40% travelling
This international manufacturing firm needs no introduction and is a recognised as the leader in their field of expertise. With great clients and known for their efficiency, they've won many awards. The culture is demanding but if you are confident and have a can-do attitude, the potential rewards are significant. The firm is also very focused on staff training and development.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Head of Internal Audit job.
Apply today or call me to discuss this new opportunity.
Business Registration Number: 729828-T Licence Number: JTK2125