Senior Manager, Group Accountant
Salary MYR150,000 - MYR180,000 per month + Market Aligned
Location Shah AlamFULL_TIME
Consultant Jonathan Yap
Job Ref 1870220/001
Date posted 09 November 2022shah-alam accountancy-finance/group-accountant 2022-11-09 2023-01-08 accountancy Shah Alam MY MYR 150000 180000 180000 MONTH Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An established PLC manufacturer is seeking a Senior Manager, Group Accountant. In this job, you will assist the Finance Director in ensuring that the group follows the correct accounting standards.
About the Senior Manager, Group Accountant Role:
In this role, you will be overseeing the finances of the group and will also be involved in the production of management accounting information to steer leadership decisions of the board. In addition, you will also lead the accounting, taxation, reporting and consolidation functions of the group.
- Execute financial control effectiveness, financial and management reporting and business partnering with various functional group and business units for provision of finance-related advice
- Maintain/establish strong internal control environment including processes and policies and compliance to regulatory requirements whilst adopting and driving related best business practices
- Lead compliance of MFRS, Bursa, SC and other regulatory requirements
- Manage/establish the strict compliance of internal control policies and procedures
- Supervise the accurate and timely preparation of monthly results and prepare quarterly board papers, including preparation of the consolidated accounts and annual statutory accounts for the group and the entities
- Meet all external reporting requirements of the group within set deadlines
- Review inputs for monthly forecast and annual budgets
- Oversee the group’s tax matters (e.g. corporate tax, SST, withholding tax, transfer pricing documentation, tax audits, tax incentives, deferred tax computation, etc.) and ensure timely compliance and submission whilst working with tax agents to identify tax savings/planning
- Oversee the group’s insurance portfolio, ensuring adequacy of coverage at competitive rates
- Lead the liaison with auditors, company secretary, lawyers and tax agents
- Liaise with statutory bodies and other related authorities
- Lead the maintenance of record keeping in line with internal and external requirements
- Work closely with Financial Planning and Analysis team for cost savings
- Work closely with Treasury and Credit team for new funding requirements, control working capital, cash flow forecasts and manage FX risks
- Interact actively with Heads of Departments or Managers in providing finance-related advice
- Manage the group’s fixed assets and review of actual returns of capex vs plan
- Work closely with the IT team on system enhancements including scalability plans
To succeed in this Senior Manager, Group Accountant role, you must possess at least 10 years of work experience leading a finance team with a public listed (property and construction industries) background.
- Qualified accountant with MIA membership
- External audit experience, preferably from a Big 4
- Possess and display high level of integrity
- Commitment to good governance
This leading company has an outstanding reputation and needs no introduction and is one of leaders in their field of expertise and they have a strong presence in the market. The firm is also very focused on developing and training their people to the highest standards.
If you are driven, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this is the role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Senior Manager, Group Accountant role.
Apply today or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this new opportunity.
Do note that we will only be in touch if your application is shortlisted.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C
Salary: MYR25,000 - MYR35,000 per month + Market AlignedLocation: Shah AlamDate posted: 02 November 2022A growing mid-sized industrial manufacturing MNC is recruiting for a Finance Director (Industrial Manufacturing) job to lead the operational and strategic initiatives of the finance department.