Salary MYR144,000 - MYR168,000 per annum + Market Aligned
Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 03 September 20192019-09-10 2019-11-02 oil-and-gas Kuala Lumpur MY MYR 144000 168000 168000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An excellent Group Accountant job has just become available at an oil and gas company based in Malaysia. The company is pursuing an acquisition strategy focused on growth and creating value through identifying, acquiring, developing and operating assets in selected upstream oil and gas businesses in the Asia Pacific region.
About the Group Accountant Role:
The primary responsibility for the Group Accountant is to prepare the group’s statutory financial reports, including preparation of quarterly financial statements in compliance with IFRS requirements and full year audited statements.
- Lead the statutory reporting processes, for the preparation of the quarterly and annual financial statements, in accordance with IFRS, and in each case the accompanying MD&A submissions
- Coordinate and be a key focal point with the external auditors, for quarterly reviews, interim and year-end audits for the group and its subsidiaries
- Prepare group schedules to support the consolidated financial results and analysis provided to senior management, board and external audit as well as evaluate financial results and performance for senior management review
- Prepare accounting memorandums on technical accounting issues impacting the group and statutory financial reporting disclosures
- Provide technical accounting advice on key reporting issues and be directly involved with both technical and operational finance projects including review, design and process improvements for the group consolidation and reporting systems and processes
- Review transactions and business structures to determine the correct accounting treatment under IFRS and assist the finance function with the development and evolution of group-wide controls, systems and processes, including group consolidation processes and the further adoption of SUN group-wide accounting system
The successful Group Accountant will be proactive and continuously find opportunities to make the finance functions and processes more efficient and effective.
- Minimum of six years of accounting experience and exposure in managing ERP systems
- Prior experience in the preparation and review of group statutory financial statements and detailed knowledge of IFRS
- Prior financial accounting experience in the upstream oil and gas industry preferred, but not essential
- Big 4 statutory accounting and audit experience
This reputable multinational offers an exciting and highly nimble work environment where employees will collaborate with a diverse international team who will encourage them to learn, grow, challenge themselves and show their entrepreneurial spirit.
If you are passionate, enthusiastic and provide critical expertise to drive business growth, strategy and value generation. You will be a part of a forward-thinking company that values innovation and a progressive mindset.
Apply for this role or find out more, please contact Leon Lim by emailing to email@example.com quoting the Job Reference No. 1488010
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTKSM 423C