Corporate Accounting Specialist
Salary MYR6,500 - MYR7,500 per month
Location Petaling JayaFULL_TIME
Consultant Benjamin Chong
Date posted 14 December 2018 2018-12-142019-02-08 manufacturing-and-production Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An exciting Corporate Accounting Specialist job has just become available at a well-known manufacturing company based in Petaling Jaya. Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, this is a role for a group accountant who is a leader in their field.
About the Corporate Accounting Specialist Role:
In this role, you will be responsible for the closing related matters of the company. You will also be in charge of the group consolidation activities.
- Preparing consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis
- Reviewing legal entity trial balances from foreign subsidiaries, perform analytics and formulate questions, resolve issues/questions on a monthly basis
- Extracting and providing information and assist in preparation of month-end reporting
- Driving process improvement for month-end closing through various parties' contributions from SSC, operations bearing in mind corporate reporting requirements
- Looking at new corporate accounting requirements/legislation or accounting standards that may be affecting the Consolidated Financial Statements and informing respective controllers
- Consolidating new acquisition(s) and amalgamating entities into existing organisational structure
- Monitoring activities leading up to close including areas that may affect the close
- Assisting in managing the month-end worldwide close process by establishing schedules, work plans and performance requirements
- Working with the company’s external auditors and helping to coordinate their annual audit and quarterly reviews
- Enforcing corporate consolidation policies and procedures
- Ad-hoc consolidation/reporting related tasks
To succeed in this Corporate Accounting Specialist role, you should have prior experience in finance/accounting with strong analytical and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, with financial qualifications (CPA or ACCA equivalent)
- At least five years' experience in finance/accounting with at least two to three years' exposure to corporate reporting and group consolidation
- Audit experience in Big 4 audit firms preferred
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, ERP systems (knowledge of Oracle/COGNOS is an added advantage)
- Strong financial, analytical, accounting, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and priority-setting skills
This is a renowned manufacturing company that needs no introduction. If you are motivated, determined and want to take the next step in your career, this will be a suitable role for you. Great career progression opportunities await the right person in this exciting Corporate Accounting Specialist role.
Apply today or email me at Benjamin.Chong@robertwalters.com.my to discuss this new opportunity.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125