Location Kuala LumpurFULL_TIME
Consultant Leon Lim
Date posted 31 October 2018 2018-10-312018-12-30 property-and-housing Menara 3 Petronas Persiaran KLCC Kuala Lumpur 50088 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.com.my https://www.robertwalters.com.my/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
A rapidly expanding investment holding company in property development and construction is looking for a talented Financial Controller in Kuala Lumpur to take on a newly created role. In this job, you will lead a team and be responsible for all finance-related functions.
About the Financial Controller Role:
Due to excellent results and future expansion plans, the Financial Controller will play a key role in the business management team’s continued development and success in its Kuala Lumpur office.
- To ensure the timely closing of monthly accounts, preparation of financial statements and other relevant documents
- To ensure preparation of financial statements are in line with accounting standards. All management reporting will be collated with insightful financial and operating data for business decision making by management team.
- Provide interpretation on variance analyses in actual versus budget values with well-researched data and analysis
- To study current financial developments and financial policies in order to provide well-accurate recommendations to best practices, internal controls to implement and accurate management reporting discussions
- Prepare and monitor budgets and forecasts of cash requirements for an overall smoothness in cash flow movement in group activities
- Accountable for developing business strategy for the BU in line with Group strategy and ensuring effective management for other functions, maintaining long term strategy and financial plans by production forecasting and scenario building
To succeed in this Financial Controller role, you must have the ability to lead effectively and possess a keen understanding of property and construction market coupled with strong grasps on best operational finance and business finance practices
- Minimum of 10 years' working experience with an ideal combination of external audit experience in Big 4, property developer and construction
- Candidates should have a Bachelor’s Degree of Accountancy and possess Professional Qualifications with an equivalent of ACCA, CPA Australia, ICAEW and MICPA
- High advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience in Corporate Finance or related experience in IRR and overall feasibility studies on project development would have an added advantage
This company is much more than property development and is anything but traditional. They have the people and ethos to act with speed, innovation, enterprise and creativity. The scope of the offer, the size of the business, the freedom and autonomy to drive your career forward all adds up to a great place to work.
If you are a progressive, forward thinking and innovative Financial Controller with a can-do attitude, this is an excellent opportunity to take on challenges and take part in the next phase of business growth.
Apply for this exciting opportunity now.
Agensi Pekerjaan Robert Walters Sdn Bhd
(formerly known as Robert Walters Sdn Bhd)
Business Registration Number : 729828-T
Licence Number : JTK2125